This simple, task-oriented patient education tool can be easily added to your group or individual counseling curriculum. The workbook is divided into ten “Tasks” focused on helping co-occurring disorders clients understand their condition, self-diagnose, learn the basics of stable recovery, become aware of relapse and triggers, and make a concrete plan for living their recovery. (You can download the “Relapse Traps Inventory” the workbook recommends here, too!)
There are concrete outcomes for each task-based unit, leading a client through the process and documenting their progress at the same time. This tool can be used in both inpatient and outpatient treatment settings. It can also be used by individual practitioners working with private clients.
The workbook is based on recognized disease-model treatment principles and can integrate readily in Matrix and other established EBP treatment protocols.
Click the image below to download the free workbook. We can also provide customized versions of this workbook, and lecture/patient education syllabus to assist staff in using it:
These are posts belonging to the same serie:
- A Simple Plan: Recovery With Co-Occurring Disorders
- Recovery With Co-Occurring Disorders: The First Three Steps
- Recovery With Co-Occurring Disorders: Steps 4, 5 and 6
- Recovery With Co-Occurring Disorders: Step Seven
- Recovery With Co-Occurring Disorders: Steps 8 & 9
- Recovery With Co-Occurring Disorders: Step Ten